Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome to my life!

Welcome to my blog. Welcome to my life.

As this is my first post, I would like to talk about myself. My name is Aimi and I'm proud to say that I'm still a teenager, well I'm 19.

I really like my name as it is short and simple. I know my name can be found in the word 'aiming', however the pronounciation is different. In case you don't know how to pronounce it, it's actually I and me, therefore I-me. I didn't even realise that fact until my friend Izzati, said that was how she remembers my name. As I'm a Muslim, my name is actually Arabic, though I'm not sure of its meaning. I also like the fact that my name can be written in Chinese characters, since I'm learning Mandarin now. I found out that Aimi is also a Japanese name. So, I can say that my name is afterall an international name.

I remember the first day I entered Gymnasium Bramfeld, it was the day after Summer holidays. My class teacher, Frau Riekhof, didn't even know that I was joining the class. So, that morning another teacher brought me to the class. When I entered the class, all eyes were on me. Well, I was the new kid. My teacher asked me to sit at the back of the class, since there was an empty seat. She asked me about my name and how to spell it. Then, she wrote it on the board. Everyone went, "Cool!". So, my name is also a cool name. Later that year, my friend Louisa, told me that she was suprised that my name is just Aimi. I asked her why. She said because I have a Chinese face, so, she was expecting a more complicated Chinese-like name. Then only I understood why the class went, "Cool!" on my first day there.

My family name is Wan. If you say your name is Wan in Malaysia, people will straight away ask if you're from Kelantan or Terengganu. Well, my parents are, but I'm originally from Perak. I found out from my aunt that 'Wan' is originally from Thailand. I'm not really interested in history, but the fact makes sense since Thailand is near Kelantan and Terengganu. My boyfriend said that 'Wan' means 'golfplace' in Japanese. I don't know how far that's true, since I don't know Japanese and my boyfriend is not Japanese either. All I know is that he likes to make fun of me using that.

If you happened to meet me, the first thing you will notice, is that I can't walk straight. I feel so comfortable walking that way until I don't even realise that I don't actually walk straight like other people do. People kept asking me why I walk that way. I didn't know what to answer since I didn't know the answer myself. Later, I found out that it is genetic. All of my siblings got it from my father. A doctor asked me if it bothered me because he wanted me to have a surgery to make me walk straight. I told him that it didn't bother me at all. In fact, there is also advantages of not being able to walk straight. For example, when I'm in the bus and it's very crowded, I could turn both feet inwards, so that, people wouldn't step on them. You may ask if it's stable. Well, it's stable for me. When I met an old friend Leeana after a long time, she asked me, "do you still walk that way?". As I said, it's genetic. So, the way I walk does not change over time.

I'll be writing journals on myself and my life. Therefore, you will get to know me better throughout my journals. I hope you enjoy reading my blog and visit it continuosly. Thank you for reading.







No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.