Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 21

On March 23rd in the morning around 3am, when I was about to go to sleep, suddenly Schamaiel came online. I had not spoken to her for quite some time. So, I decided to not go to sleep first. I said 'Hi' and we talked for a while. Then, she wished me 'Happy New Year'. She said it was the new year celebration in Afghanistan, the country she is from. Maybe she thought it was an Islamic celebration, that's why she wished me. So, I asked her, "when is the celebration actually?". She said "March 21st". Then, I said, "Oh, it's today!". She said, "it's already the 22nd today". I thought she was referring to my time. I thought she was telling that I was wrong since it was already morning in Malaysia. I just replied "yeah". Then, I took a second to think. She was not referring to my time. She was actually referring to her time in Germany! How dumb was I? I skipped two days. I didn't even know what day it was.

No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.