Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Conflict-free year

Last year was a black year for me. My sister and I did not talk to each other for almost a YEAR. I have had a lot of black years in my life. In 2004, my parents did not talk to each other for almost a year. A few years prior, in 1998, they separated (NOT divorced) for a month. At that time, I laughed and thought it was funny, cause back then I understood nothing about relationships. Looking back, it wasn't funny. It was one of the horrible times of my life.

Being in a conflict is not fun. Even when you think that the other party is at fault and that they should be the one who apologizes, the fact is, you suffer inside. Not talking to someone for a long period of time, pretending the person is not there, is hurtful. To cure the pain, you need to make things right, but the EGO inside of you says "DON'T!". Listening to your EGO, hurts you even more.


So, this year I have decided to not get involved in any kinds of conflict with anyone. I want this year to be a year of change-a peaceful year. I did not write this as a new year's resolution for 2010, but I want to implement the idea.

Even though it's only the 3rd month of the year, there were times this year that I almost got into arguments. However, I just let the other party win. There's no use of getting into conflicts. I don't think I can handle conflicts.

I guess that's the reason I don't want to be someone's girlfriend. Yes, I was involved in a relationship not long back and I ended it over just ONE minor misunderstanding. One misunderstanding could lead to other misunderstandings in the future. So, why bother carrying on with the relationship? Thinking back, I have disappointed him as he had high expectations of the relationship and I ended it over something silly.


Well, that's just me. I can't handle conflicts. I can't afford to be in a conflict. I guess I just don't want history to repeat itself.

1 comment:

Cappy said...

Hopefully you'll managed to achieve your goal Aimi. But in reality, no one can avoid or prevent arguments from happening in one's life. Either big or small. Life sucks that way.

But you're right. It's worth to try than do nothing at all. :D

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.