Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Experience Singapore

Singapore was GREAT! I thought it was a small city and that we could walk from one end to the other in just one day, just like what Shang Hui said, but four days and four nights weren't enough. There were a lot more to see and explore. I didn't know Singapore was that interesting.

Food
The food in Singapore is no different from that in Malaysia, however it has much better quality. The food tastes better, has larger portion and much cheaper, too.

Space
I love to see how Singapore makes use of the space it has. Singapore is a very small country, yet there are a lot of buildings. There are a lot of shopping malls on Orchard Road alone. It is even different from Hamburg town.

Cleanliness
Singapore is very clean. You will get fined, if you litter or even chew gum. My father cleaned his car of fear being fined for driving a dirty car.

Pedestrian friendly
I love to walk than drive and that's one of the reasons I love Singapore. For one, the roads are very pedestrian friendly. Almost every traffic light has a pedestrian traffic light, unlike in Malaysia, where only certain places have it.

Where there are no traffic lights, drivers would stop to give way to pedestrians. But that depends on individuals, some don't give way. Still better than Malaysia, where pedestrians are being honked at, even at the zebra crossing.

I was told that if you were to cross the road where there are no proper crossings, you would get fined, even when you're a foreigner.

Safety
Singapore is very safe. I wasn't afraid to walk outside at night. Crime rate is low in Singapore. Because of their tight rules, people are afraid to commit crime.

1 comment:

pinkbag said...

"My father cleaned his car of fear being fined for driving a dirty car."
HAHAHAHAHHA OMG

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.