Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The art of double-parking

Double parking is something really common in Malaysia. But, it's something I won't do, unless I'm in the car, because I think it's an act of irresponsibility.

Yesterday I went to the hospital to visit my grandmother. I was there for a few hours. When I went to get my car, I found it to be double parked by a taxi. I got frustrated and being a HELP student, I looked for a number that I could call so that the person could remove the car. But there was none.

This is how the taxi blocked my car

I stood there for a while and suddenly I saw two men coming. One of the men went to the taxi, in front of the taxi which was blocking my car, and pushed it before getting in the car which was previously blocked by the taxi.

Then I thought, Why am I so stupid?. To not look stupid, I waited for the men to leave before I started to push the taxi which was blocking my car. Pushing a parked taxi is not an easy job.

So, if you want to double park, make sure you leave your hand break off, so that people could push your car to unblock their car. If not, you could leave an apology note with your phone number on the dashboard, like HELP students do. Better still, DON'T double-park.

No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.