Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Barrier

I like living in Malaysia and the fact that despite our different races, we are a nation. 

However, despite our claim to be a nation, we are actually DIVIDED by language.

We claim to be speaking a COMMON language, but you and I know, we DON'T.


I do like MANGLISH, nevertheless if both MA and GLISH are broken, it can be quite disturbing.

I always wonder why this is, because in Germany most of us are NOT German. Almost everyone comes from some other country.

Even so, despite being able to speak our mother tongues, we all speak German.


This is also the case in other developed countries, like the US or UK, where everyone, despite their origins, speak a common language.

I think someone needs to write a thesis about this because I want to UNDERSTAND.

No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.