I'm not good with managing money. So, sometimes I don't carry a lot of money with me to avoid over-spending. Yesterday, I had only RM 47 and a few sens in my purse. I needed the RM 7 to travel to and fro HELP with the public transport. I wanted to use the RM 40 to pay for the flowers I was going to pick up for Wei Lian. I would only need the money on the way home. Actually, I would pass by my house, but I was too lazy to drop by. I wanted to go to the florist first and then go home. That's why I had the money with me at first place.
This is how I spent the money. I used RM 1 to buy the bus ticket. Then, I used RM 5 to buy an RM 1.40 LRT ticket. I bought the ticket via the machine. I supposed to get RM 3.60 back, in coins. Normally, the machine would give me 7 50sens and a 10sen. So, I didn't bother to check if the machine gave me the correct amount. Later, I used two 50sen for another bus ticket. On the way back, I used an RM 1 to buy another bus ticket. That was when I checked my coins.
I needed another RM 2.40 to get home. I had 2 50sens for the other bus. Then, I checked if I had exactly RM 1.40 for the LRT ticket. To my disappointment, I was exactly 10sen short! What?! I searched through my bag for a 10sen. I went through all the pockets, yet I couldn't find any. I don't think a stranger would mind giving me 10 sen. But I wouldn't ask. So, I had to use one of the RM 10 from the RM 40. I also had to drop by my house to get some extra money to pay the florist.
As a conclusion, I can only say that the machine gave me 50sen short. What have I learnt from this? Always carry some extra money, in case of emergency. Also, to be generous. Why, you may ask. Earlier that day, the clerk of our department asked if I would like to contribute some money to the flood victims in Manilla. I said no because I knew I had only enough money to go home and pay for the flowers. What goes around, comes around. That's KARMA.
No comments:
Post a Comment