Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Just Another Love Story

Yesterday was the day that I finally got to see Jason after 2 years. We decided to go watch a movie. We went for the 3D version of 'Avatar'. Alvin warned us that the movie was 3 hours long. I didn't quite believe him. Well, I should have. It was really 3 hours long. Watching the movie made me tired. I fell asleep a few times. The worst thing was, the 3D goggle or whatever it is called, annoyed me. I'm grateful I don't need to wear spectacles as a part of my daily life.

Do you realize that no matter how great an action movie or any other movie in a similar genre is, in the end is just another love story? Well, 'Avatar' is one if it. The visuals were great, the story line was not that bad until the male character fell for the female Avatar. It changed everything. He could just return to his human world, but the 'love' made him choose the Avatar world instead.

Another movie of the same kind is 'Jumper'. In the beginning of the movie, David was happy jumping here and there, enjoying his life until the girl of the past appeared. The story just transformed. David's mission was not to enjoy life anymore, but to save the girl's life. I prefer Jamie Bell's character. He remained single and didn't have to worry about his girl being in danger. 'The Covenant' is another one. I don't understand. Why do guys have to reveal their secrets to the girls and get them involved?

Jamie Bell

Once a girl appears in a movie, the story changes completely. The story's mission changes to saving the girl. Why does this happen? Firstly, I think, the guys just have to be heroes. They want to show that girls are weak and need to be saved. Secondly, maybe romance is the factor that helps selling the movie. I think the romantic factor in an action movie is what turns me off. Once there's love in the air in an action movie, I start to lose interest in watching. An action movie should just remain an action movie.

1 comment:

Cappy said...

Alvin and his love for Avatar. Lol. True. Love stories that are predictable is lame. If they really really really need to put some sort of a love story in a movie, make it unpredictable please. D:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.