Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Moving away

My father is moving to a much bigger house and he wants my elder sister and me to join him, so that the apartment can be rented. Well, we don't really want to move. For one thing, we LOVE the apartment too much, to let it go.

Let's look into the pros and cons of moving to this new house. First, I'll get my own room and I like the room. It's neither too big nor too small. Just nice for me. Second, I'll have proper meals, not like at the apartment, where we hardly eat. Third, I'll be closer to the Misfits. Hmm, anything else?

I think there are more cons to this. First, I'll have to drive. I can't take public transport anymore. If I do want to take public transport, I'll have to drive to the train station and park my car there. Either way, I'll have to drive. Second, if I drive, the traffic would be crazy in the morning cause the new house is quite further away from the highway. So, I'll be stuck in the jam before I even get to the highway. Third, if I drive, I'll have to get to the university early, even if my class is late, to be able to get parking. Forth, if I don't get there early, I'll have to park somewhere else, where the parking rate is higher. In a way, I'll have to discipline myself, to wake up early.

The apartment is convenient in a lot of ways. It takes me 10-15 minutes to get to the university during normal hours and about half an hour during peak hours. It's close to the train station and I could take any bus to get to the station. It's close to the highway. It's easy to get to anywhere.

As a conclusion, I don't see the good thing in moving. Driving is the HUGE issue here. There's a lot of things to think about when you drive. The traffic, toll, parking, time. That's why I prefer to take the public transport.

Well, I don't know. My father seems to be very excited about us moving in.

No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.