
So, I tried calling her. It was early in the morning in Egypt and she hadn't performed her prayer. I asked her to pray first and then come online. I waited for about two hours and she didn't come online. My guess was that she got back to sleep.
I called her again at about 8am (Egypt time) and she said she would come online immediately. I waited for a few minutes and she didn't come online. I called her again but this time I couldn't get through and I thought she got annoyed of me that she switched off the phone.
The whole day I waited and she didn't come online or reply my text messages. At about 9pm (Malaysian time), 3 pm Egypt time, I read the news and knew what was going on. There's been disruption of phone and internet service in parts of Egypt, including her area. Even so, I tried calling her again and again.

Later that night, I went to sleep and I dreamt of her. In my dream, my call got through and she also came online saying that everything was fine with her. The best part was, she came back to Malaysia.
This is my fault. I should have just told her everything on the phone, instead of asking her to come online. Well, that's in the past now. A day before yesterday she actually went out to stock up on her food cause she knew that she was going to be locked in the house for a while. I do believe that Allah will protect her and her housemate. Let's pray for their safety.

No comments:
Post a Comment