Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Rubik's Freak



Did you know that the cube above was called the 'Rubik's cube'. Well, I didn't. Until I watched an episode of 'The Amazing Race Asia Season 2'. There was once when they had to go to Budapest, Hungary to solve the Rubik's cube. So, there was a brief history on the origin of the Rubik's cube. There I knew that the cube was called the 'Rubik's cube' and that it's from Hungary.

One day, my brother went to hang out with his friends. He brought my camera with him. When he came back, he showed me a video of his friend solving the Rubik's cube. I think it was really cool, but I can't even solve a site of the cube, let alone the whole cube. So, since that day, my brother was busy figuring out how to solve the cube on his own. He watched his friend and went to YouTube to watch others solve it.


Zurkarnain tries to solve the Rubik's cube


The hard observation paid off. He was able to solve the Rubik's cube within a couple of minutes. I was proud of him. He actually borrowed his friend' s cube, so for a few weeks he was busy dealing with the cube. Now I don't see him with the cube anymore since he has given it back. I think I should get him his own Rubik's cube, so that he can keep himself busy again.


Zurkarnain with the solved Rubik's cube

2 comments:

kanonehilbert said...

YEah its an awesome game, Rubik keeps the brain working ... quite similar to playing chess though :P

yummyamy said...

oohhh, i have a cheap rubik's cube. n i still cant figure it out. ask ur bro to teach me aimiii xD

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.