My cousin got married today. He is the third grandchild of the Wan family, but the first to get married. When he was 19, he told me that he would get married when he's 27. Today, when he got married, he's only 26.
We woke up early today because we had to drive to the bride's house which is in Perak. When we arrived in Perak, we all gathered at one place first before going to the bride's house. I saw my cousin wearing his usual wear. Even so, he looked handsome. His face was glowing with excitement. During the ceremony, I couldn't help but to smile at him. He smiled back, of course. But I think, deep inside, he was nervous. That was the first part of the ceremony.
Then, we went away and came back. This time, the whole family and the groom marched to the bride's house. My other cousin, his little brother was the best man. He looked great with a pink umbrella. Well, it was very hot in the afternoon. So, the first part was when they were pronounced husband and wife. The second part was more to the celebration of the newly weds. That was when I saw him holding the bride's hand. I was quite emotional at that time. I wanted to cry. But, I didn't.
After the ceremony, we went straight home. We didn't wait for the guests to come. Well, we weren't the hosts. At home, I told Amalina that I got emotional when I saw him holding the bride's hand. She said she felt the same way, too. Actually, she was quite emotional after coming back from the wedding. She even cried. I never thought the first marriage among us, the grandchildren, can be so emotional.
1 comment:
Awwwssss....so sweet. Wedding is a very emotional event indeed. :)
Post a Comment