Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ego

E.G.O is a three letter word. It is something that cannot be seen, yet it is something very strong. It can be so strong that it will destroy you.

I admit I am an egoistic person. That's why I still haven't made up to my older sister. The EGO inside of me tells me that I am the innocent one. Whenever we had an argument, she would be the one making up to me. Well, that's the way it should be. She can win during the argument, but I always win during the silent treatment. My sister just loves me. She needs me. That's all my EGO talking.

Things are different this time. It has been months since we last talked to each other. Since it was the Eid, I thought I would finally drop my EGO and make up to her. I told my little sister the plan. However, when I saw my older sister, I just couldn't do it. Making up to her means I'm rising the white flag. Now, I have a feeling that she is in the process of making up to me. I think I'll just wait for her to drop her EGO.

I'm too egoistic when it comes to my parents and older sisters. If it was my little siblings or my friends, I wouldn't mind making up to them. But, I just couldn't do it if it was my parents or older sisters. I would wait for them to make it up to me or for time to make things better. I have issues, I know.

No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.