During my Eid holiday, I went to Kelantan, where my mother is originally from. I found out something amazing about my grandmother. My grandmother knows a lot of people. And those people are actually related to us. The other thing is, my mother knows them as well.
My grandmother knows all of her half siblings from 3 different mothers, her second and even third cousins and also the family of her children's in laws. Not only does she know them by name, they know her too. She also knows their stories. Whose children they are, the siblings, the spouses and even how they met their spouses. Isn't that amazing? Well, I think so.
The other day, I accompanied my grandmother to the house of my eldest aunt's mother in law. She lived with her daughter and since it was the Eid holiday, the rest of her children were also there. We received a very warm welcome. All of them knew who my grandmother was. They even invited her to have lunch with them. When I told them whose child I was, they knew who my mother was.
As for me, I do know a couple of my second cousins by name. I know these two brothers named Aiman and Adam. They are my mother's cousin's sons. I don't think I know anymore second cousins. I do know my both grandfathers' siblings. I know my maternal grandmother's siblings, but only those from the same mother and father. My paternal grandmother has too many brothers and sisters. I don't even know how many of them all together. But I know they are siblings if I see them because they look very alike. Even so, I don't think they know me or recognize me. I also don't think that I would go visit them in the future. I mean not by myself.
1 comment:
wat a complicated post. i dont know who is who anymore. hahahaha. did u see my heels?????
Post a Comment