Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Frau Kaschubowski

Frau Kaschubowski


Frau Kaschubowski is one of my favourite teachers. She was my teacher when I was in Schule Fabriciusstrasse. I loved her classes. She was a versatile teacher. She not only taught Irina, Chun Chun, Aldin and I German, but also other subjects, like Geography, History and even Biology. I enjoyed her classes so much, that I think, she was the reason I got into Gymnasium.

Since I came back to Malaysia, I called her once or twice. I have forgotten, but I'm sure not that much. So, when I was there, I decided to pay her a visit. She was not teaching in that school anymore, so I didn't see her when I attended Irina's graduation. I didn't have time to call her the first two weeks. I called her only on the last week. When I called her, I was hanging out at Chun Chun's place. Frau Kaschubowski asked where I was. I told her that I was in Hamburg and would like to visit her the next day. She gave me her address and we both agreed on 4pm.

The next day, I went to Chun Chun's place again because we wanted to go together. When I arrived she told me that she couldn't go since she was having a stomach ache. She told how to go to Frau Kaschubowski's place the faster way. But, I wasn't a big fan of changing transports for a few times. I prefered a non-stop journey. So, I took the longer way. I took a bus from Chun Chun's place to the train station, Barmbek and took a train, U3. When I arrived I had to walk. It was like being in 'The Amazing Race'. I had to ask around. I can still remember the way. It wasn't that hard to find. I was only a couple of minutes late.

Frau Kaschubowski's apartment was quiet. I asked if she was living on her own. She said that she was living with her son, Martin. Martin is only a year older than me. I had heard a lot about Martin, but I had never met him. Frau Kaschubowski said "probably he would sing later". Her apartment was small yet comfortable. She had a lot of books and games and a nice view, too. Her place was not far away from the state park. While, she was making tea, we talked. She told me which school she taught after she left Fabriciusstrasse and that she had already retired. Then, we enjoyed the tea and some biscuits. She showed me some pictures of us. I looked so different back then.

While we were talking, I was hoping that her son would come out from his room. And he did. He said "Hi" from where he was. Frau Kaschubowski asked him to come and say 'hi' properly. Then he came to shake my hand and introduced himself. I know who you are, I thought. He was cute and polite, too. Frau Kaschubowski told me that he was the frontman of a band. What can be better than that? He had a band called 'Endstation', where they sang in German. But the band split, so now he has a new band 'A Bitter Pill'. She also told me that he was going to have a gig on the next Wednesday. I was interested to go. Sadly, I was already leaving on Sunday.

Then, she gave me the Cd from 'Endstation' and I love the Cd. I listen to it very often. My favourite songs are 'Meilenweitweg' (Miles away) and 'Dein Song' (Your Song). Frau Kaschubowski let me listen to Martin's songs from 'A Bitter Pill'. I went home that day and searched for his band on 'youtube'. I found it. I have listened to all of his songs. Recently, I found a song called 'A song for Goodbye'. In the description it is written that 'A Bitter Pill' has split in August. I guess they all went their own way after their recent graduation. If you love rock music like I do, you should check them out at my best friend, youtube. Most of the videos you will find are live videos, since they usually play on live concerts.

The visit to Frau Kaschubowski's place was not long but all worth it. She told me a lot of things; from her vacation in France to Martin's graduation. She also showed me pictures. Eventhough it was just for tea, but I really enjoyed talking to her.

No comments:

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.