The night before the graduation, Irina talked to Aldin on the phone. He asked who were coming for their graduation. Irina mentioned my name. He was shocked. Irina then corrected, "no, just Chun Chun". The next day during the ceremony, the graduating students had to make an entrance from behind the audience. When they entered, I stood up. Irina and Aldin were first on the line. Aldin was surprised to see me. He could just utter my name. I gave his hand a quick squeeze and let them proceed. Before he sat down, he waved at me with a huge smile on his face. That day, I wore the scarf Chun Chun gave me for my birthday. I promised her I would. So, I did.

Aldin and Me
During the ceremony, I met 2 of my friends from my other school, Sandra and Pierre. They came together, that was weird. Sandra's boyfriend came with her, too. They were there for her sister. Then why was Pierre there? Sandra was glad to see me. She sat next to me. She has changed school, so I thought I would not see her anymore. I never thought I would meet her there. We hugged and held hands for a while. She has not changed at all. During the ceremony I also saw my favourite maths teacher, Herr Havers. I waved at him and he waved back. So, he remembered me.
The headmaster, Herr Meyer, looked as handsome as he was before. His brother, Herr U. Meyer has not changed as well. Since Irina was the class monitor, she had to get on stage to give presents to their teachers. She kept saying that she was nervous. But, she was great on the stage. She looked beautiful. The few days preparation was worth it.
Me and Irina
After the ceremony, while Sandra and I were taking pictures together, came Aldin running to me. He held me so tight. I don't know if he was crying. He kept saying, "oh, my little Aimi". That moment was great. When I exited the hall, I met Pierre again. I gave him a hug and then came Sandra's sister and said, "so, you are going to another girl behind my back!". So, Pierre was the boyfriend! No wonder they came together. I also met Julia, Irina's sister. She is the one who is never home. We hugged. She told me Irina's reaction on the phone after I appeared on their door. I also get to meet Irina's grandmother for the first time.

Irina, Julia and their Mom
Later, we went to have some cakes and shot a short video of the school and class we used to go. The place I first met my best friends; Irina, Chun Chun and also Aldin. Eventhough the school has changed its name, our memories remain.

Me, Aldin and Irina
The three of us again with two of their classmates

Me and Irina on the exact same date 5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment