Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Time Capsule Project

Farahin wanted to do the time capsule thing ever since we were still in school. But, we never took the time to do it. She mentioned it quite a lot of times. I wanted us to do it before her birthday because we were all still 19, but we were all busy with our own things. Sorry, Cappy!

Today, we finally had the time to do it. Sadly, Alvin couldn't be there. Farahin asked me what the plan was. I said "maybe we could go for breakfast and do the thing". She said "then, we meet at 7am". I think it was kind of early but if we were to do it later, people would stare. Shang Hui was excited to do this that he even googled about this. Last night, Fatina asked where we could bury it. We were actually eying for Izzat's place because it's kind of a strategic place. But, I don't think we all trust Izzat. But in the end, we chose Izzat's place.

We were waiting for Izzat in front of his house when his parents came out. They thought we were stalkers. Izzat forgot his camera and went back inside. When he got into the car, we told him that we were burying it at his place. He was a little mad. Shang Hui wanted to finish writing a letter to himself. He brought some extra papers. Farahin and Izzat also started to compose letters for themselves. Meanwhile, Fatina and I tried to dig a hole. But the spot we chose wasn't a good one. Then, Shang Hui came and dug a hole at a different spot.

We thought we wanted to do it before Izzat's parents come back from the walk, but we were too slow. The parents asked what we were doing. Izzat said "planting a tree". But then we told the truth. His mom actually did something similar, too. So, we weren't weirdos afterall. Izzat insisted that we dig the time capsule out after 20 years. I think 20 years is too long. I wanted 10 years because in 10 years we will be 29, so it's not that embarassing to do something silly. Someone mentioned 15 years, but in the end, we all agreed on 20 years. I think we would dig it out even before 2029.

We sealed the box a few times. First, the box. Then, we wrapped it with 4 plastic bags and sealed the outer most plastic bag. After we have done that, I had this weird feeling. I just couldn't believe that we have buried our memories. I still have this feeling. Maybe because I put the tag the guy gave me or maybe not because of that. I don't know. But the good thing is that we have finally done the time capsule project. Then, we went for breakfast. After that, we went home. I went to sleep and had weird dreams.

3 comments:

kanonehilbert said...

awww lol well its allright to buried your memories, dont worry thats the "job of the time capsule"

anyway...memories will always be with you, it wont just got erased justl iddat, so dont worry hehe

hmm well actually i trust izzat muahaha XD

yummyamy said...

ohmgee! remember we found lots of alien fingers while we were digging the hole? (well, actually hui2 and izzat did most of it) but still! so funny seriously. hahah

its not silly to dig a hole when we're 40! it'll probably be tiring since we're old but not silly i think haha.

and im glad we finally did it after so long. yay!

Cappy said...

Hahaha~~!! LOL! Now I can happily tick of "Bury A Time Capsule" in my "Things-to-do-before-I-die" list.

It was fun burying all our memories. It's like burying a part of yourself.

CREEPY HUH?!!!

Muahahahhahahahahaha!

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.