Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

One- way street

Another principle that I hold on to is; "a relationship is not a one-way street". It does not matter what kind of relationship it is, but it must work from both sides.

I don't blame people if they don't contact me because I know I'm not staying in touch with them either. I hate when someone asks; "why didn't you call me?". Hello! Don't you have a phone? Why can't you call me?

I haven't seen my mother for quite some time now because the last time we met, we ended up having a huge argument. I don't blame her for not calling me cause I know that I'm not doing the same thing. So, in order to keep the relationship going, I will act soon.

However, it is different if one person wants to stay in touch and the other doesn't. At least the first person tries to make it work. Just that the second person does not want to co-operate. There goes the one-way street again.

So, if you are in a relationship which is not functioning and you want it to function, don't wait for the other party to act, you should. I know it's hard, but someone has to do it.

1 comment:

Cappy said...

I'm seriously not good with maintaining a 2-way communication.

I have this communication disease. D:>

But sometimes, I think, even though a person does not call or sms or email or fax or facsimile or write a letter or smoke signal you, doesn't mean they don't care.

They may be thinking about you in their thoughts. Right this moment even. :)

Or....maybe that's just wishful thinking?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Hmmm......

About Author

This is myvoice. Things written from my point of view.