Remember I take a subject under Psychology this semester? Well, for the group project, we have the freedom to do whatever we want. Obviously, most of them run charity drives. My team and I decided to do something different. We wanted to organize an event. Let's not go there first, let's see who my team mates are. So, we were not allowed to choose our team mates. It was randomly selected for us by our lecturer. And guess what? It wasn't random enough, I ended up being with Wei Lian again. I think we are meant to be together.
Our team is a small one. There are only 6 of us, 4 communication students and 2 psychology students. Another not random situation. I thought I would end up in a team full of psychology students since it's a psychology subjects. But, no. I ended up in a group with more communication students. I have seen Maggie and Helene in some of my classes before but I had never spoken to them. So, it's a good thing that we've been teamed up. I'm also glad to meet some new friends and from different department who are Pang and Nadhira. Nadhira is from Sri Lanka and she's just 18. So, I meet a new friend from a different country. Nice.
Obviously, Wei Lian came up with the idea to invite someone to give a talk. She's always the genius in the team. So, we wanted to call a blogger, but we ended up calling Timothy Tiah, the co-founder of Nuffnang. Nuffnang is an advertising company which advertises on blogs. Through Nuffnang, bloggers can actually earn money. That's how Wei Lian earned some money and tickets to watch F1.
This is the first time for me to organize an event. I know Pang have organized a lot of events. Obviously, a lot of things went wrong. First, I was the one who printed the posters and flyers. I wasn't alone. I went with Nadhira. Then, I showed them to Helene. She showed to her friends. Then, she said "there's no date". I went "WHAT?!". Well, that wasn't that bad. We only had to write the date ourselves. We also had to go back to the posters that we had put up and write the date down. Still, not so bad.
Then, on Monday, Wei Lian received a call from Timothy. He said he couldn't come on Wednesday. He could only come on Friday. So, we had to go to the Department of Student's Affair and tell them that we were changing the day. We needed a venue and we couldn't confirm the venue that day. So, we put down all of the posters Nadhira and I had put up all over HELP. I told Wei Lian "it was a sign that the date wasn't there".
The next day, we had a confirmed venue. Again, I printed out the posters and flyers. This time, I made sure that the date was there. The new posters were up now. Then, Pang said the venue had been changed again. I went "WHAT?!". Lucky enough, the room remained the same. Only the block changed. So, we went to all the posters and changed block A to E.
The day of the event was finally here. We came early. We set up the place. By 12pm, we were ready to receive our guests. Timothy came with the freebies. Everything went well. Alhamdulillah. Our biggest fear was the audience. We were afraid if only a few people would show up and we were also afraid if too many of them would show up. 35 people showed up and we were happy with that. We also had photographers. They came for free. By the end of the event, we had extra food and freebies. We ended up giving them to charity and our classmates. We also took some home.
I would say the event went well. We were all happy and I love my team. We worked very well together. I hope we can get the 30%. InsyaAllah.
1 comment:
"She's always the genius in the team". awwwwwwwwwww aimi! i kembang until like hot air balloon d
Post a Comment