I have officially left my teenage life for good. I had a really good time being a teenager. I think it's the best time of someone's life. I still remember all of my teenage birthdays.
13th Birthday
I was late for school. It was Maths with Herr Havers. Or was it my 12th birthday? Anyway, I was still in Fabriciusstrasse. Frau Kaschubowski always lit up a candle and put it on the birthday person's desk and left it there for the whole day. I played with the fire and I burned my pen. Frau Kaschubowski said I was naughty. I don't remember what I got for that birthday. But, I remember settling my registration for Gymnasium Bramfeld.
14th Birthday
My best birthday ever. I had later school. When I woke up, I wrote "Happy Birthday to me" on the mirror in my bathroom with the toothpaste. I told it toTaranom and she said I was stupid. So, I went to school. On the way, I met Toni. I thought he had forgotten, but he wished me and said that he would give the present later. When I arrived school, the girls came running to me and gave me various presents. I didn't even have enough hands to carry them all. During music, I think Toni told Herr Holtopf that it was my birthday. He asked everyone to stand and sing a weird birthday song for me.
Usually the birthday girl/boy had to bring sweets or chocolates to distribute to the class. I waited until Maths but my class teacher didn't come. So, I just distributed them. My History/English teacher, Herr Claussen wished me. Somehow, everyone was aware that it was my birthday. We finished early that day. I finally got the present I had been waiting for from Toni. Then, I went to Fabriciusstrasse to visit Irina, Taranom and Aldin. But, they had left. Later, they came to my house without Chun Chun. Then, we called Chun Chun. She was mad that they didn't tell her.
15th Birthday
I was still awake at 12am. The TV was on and the video clip to Three Door Down's 'Here Without You' was shown. It was my favourite song that year. It was a Friday. I went to school and the girl who had birthday that day also, wished me first. I received several wishes at school. My close friend at that time Rezzuan said he had a present for me. Then, he came to my house after his tuition, which was near my house. He gave me chewing gum.
That night, I had tuition. I brought chocolates to share with the others. I wore the exact same clothes I wore on my previous birthday. After tuition, I called Irina.
16th Birthday
I was counting down to 12am. My elder sister was next to me. At exact 12am, she called me on the phone and started laughing. We went out when it was brighter. At night, my parents brought cake home. My friends from boarding school called me to wish my birthday.
17th Birthday
I was at mother's home. I woke up and my elder sister was back from the UK. What a surprise! At night, I went back to my home and my eldest sister had bought a cake for me. The next day, Najihah brought a cake to school for me. I thought she was joking when she said that. During recess, we celebrated at the canteen. It was actually someone else's birthday that day. Now, I have a confession to make. Fatina and Farahin gave me presents. They were a clay box and a photo frame. When I went back home, I was excited to show Amalina that I accidently dropped them. The box was broken into pieces and the frame was only broken at the side. The box couldn't be saved but I do use the photo frame. I put the picture of the three of us. I dared not tell them what happened because I felt bad. So, if you read this or see the photo frame, you know why it is broken.
18th Birthday
It was Monday. I was online minutes before 12 midnight. I actually had agree to chat with Irina and Chun Chun. But, Irina couldn't come. Only Chun Chun was there. Before we could chat, she asked me what time it was in Malaysia. I wanted to laugh. When it was 12 midnight, she sent me a birthday wish. Later, Irina sent me an offline message. That day, we had biology lab period. During that period, the whole class sang for me. That night, I went to eat Chinese food with my Ibu and Amalina.
19th Birthday
I have a blog post on this and also videos on YouTube. All I can say, it was great! I had a blast that day and the whole year. Sadly, the year is over now.

No comments:
Post a Comment